Introduction : The Kiss of Death

She was just like those girls, all of them, the ones that had come before her. She was a stereotype –in every sense of the word.

That frail, pale-faced human, with skin so delicate and pure, it was easily comparable to the finest porcelain china. There was a certain air of purity and innocence that hung so heavenly around her, completely and strikingly devouring her.



The long dark locks of hair that pulled away from her face, exposing the delicateness of her structure, baring the skin of her neck, opposing that porcelain skin that draped exquisitely over her bones.

The very one who bore the sweetest of scents, that floated through the air as a gentle breeze wafted past, ever so slightly carrying it along, spreading it like wild fires, where it danced on the tips of their noses, and burned in their throats, it was like nectar to the gods, a lifeline to them.

She harbored the things that they all found so irresistible, yet they all had sworn to never yield. They vowed never to take her innocence, her purity, those very things gave them the thrill of the hunt, the fun in the chase, the very things that made her different –human.



All these things she possessed until an outsider, a stray, an alleycat happened upon her one night.  Even the strongest of vampires found it difficult to resist the urges to sink their fangs into the flesh of the innocent, ripping apart the delicate skin until the hot stream of copper filled their mouths, and satisfaction filled their souls, certainly no alleycat would be able to resist.

He stalked her from a distance, watching and waiting, peering through the branches of the spruce that harbored him –hunger growing rapidly. His glowing crimson eyes fixated on her, waiting for that perfect moment to strike –catching her off guard.



In one swift movement he was in front of her, lifting her off the swing and twirling her around to face him, his hands cupping her face. He slowly drew back the corner of his lips, like how curtains slowly open to reveal the stage, only this wasn’t a stage that had been cleverly hidden, it was two fangs strategically place among the other teeth, whiter than any snow Kierann had ever seen, sharper than any knife she had held. Fear began to flow through her veins, her pulse quickened, as his eyes began to radiate with an insatiable hunger. The more she began to panic, the hungrier he grew.



His strength was nearly unmatchable, she tried so hard to free herself from his grip, but her body didn’t budge as he nestled his face into her neck, inhaling her scent deeply as he smiled. He whispered to her in a low and chilling tone.

“I promise this won’t take long.” He hissed as shivers shot up and down her spine.

“Tell me to kiss you.” He whispered again. Her first thought was to scream, she opened her mouth and forced the air from her lungs –nothing came out.

“I SAID TELL ME TO KISS YOU” He repeated, his tone growing more agitated.

“Kiss…me…” she said fumbling on the words. He brushed his lips against her neck softly laying down a gentle kiss on her skin. She drew in a deep breath and closed her eyes; he kissed her once more before he penetrated the skin of her neck with the tips of his fangs. He drew in the warm coppery liquid, slowly at first trying to savor its contrasting tastes. Sweet but bitter, thick but smooth. As her blood trickled down his throat, ecstasy washed over him and he began to draw it quicker with more urgency. She could feel her body going limp; she was losing too much –too fast. 



And suddenly, when she felt as if it would never end, he released her, wiping the remnants of her blood from his lips, her body slowly collapsing to the ground. 



She laid there, her body limp like an old ragdoll. She could hear him right beside her, bellowing out, his screech echoing in her ears until the world around her grew silent and everything went black.


18 comments:

  1. LeahT said...

    I loved it! I can't wait for more! I always love vampire stories... Especially when they don't sparkle in the sunlight. Will this one sizzle? Ooooh! I can't wait. I'm glad you're doing it backwards. This shall be interesting! Maybe one day I will do a vampire one. Maybe one day...

  2. Unknown said...

    Thanks Leah! Yeah everyone has been so vampire crazy since twilight...that the last thing I want to do is write another one...but I have always been fascinated by them, long before Twilight came. I hope that you will enjoy reading!

  3. Lottie1010 said...

    Loved it!! I love vampire and creatures of the night stories!!! really good start and i cant wait to read more!!! I loved the way you got him to bite her neck etc are they poses?

  4. Unknown said...

    No poses in this chapter, all interactions in the game! Glad that you enjoyed it. I got half of the first chapter typed up and some of the screens so might update late tomorrow after legacy, if not on Friday maybe!

  5. Lottie1010 said...

    woah nice work if they werent poses!! yay cant wait to read both of those!!

  6. Valpre said...

    Beautiful, chilling start!

  7. beth1198 said...

    I almost felt sick when you were describing how he sucked the blood out of her ! And im not a softie lol. you just described it really well, LOVED IT!!!!!

  8. Unknown said...

    Valpre -

    Thank you so much!

  9. Unknown said...

    Beth -

    Awww sorry that it almost made you feel sick, I didn't want to be too descriptive and gory, but I wanted to have enough detail to make it seem as realistic as possible. I am glad that you enjoyed it!

  10. ~ You have me intrigued,I wish to learn more! ;)
    ~ I love your descriptions,like a painted picture so beautifully done,More when you are not too busy.
    ~ And thanks for sharing,I love it!(",)

  11. holleyberry said...

    What a great way to start a story. I love your descriptive writing. I almost don't need your pictures it's so good. Of course then I would miss seeing your awesome pictures! LOL!
    Kierann is beautiful and she does have such an innocence. SOunds like she's importnat somehow to the vampires. I don't think they'll like what the "stray" "alleycat" did (I love that term. It suits a lone vampire I think). He's scary looking.

  12. Unknown said...

    Holley -

    Thank you so much...I didn't want to be too gory but at the same time I wanted to be descriptive enough.

    Yes she did have innocence...and I am glad that it was portrayed well!

    She is important to this "alleycat" because since he bit her...in his twisted mind somehow he feels that she now belongs to him.

    Thanks for reading!

  13. Anonymous said...

    I really enjoyed this story. Even though there was hardly ANY dialogue, you still kept me on the edge of my seat and drew me in with the BEAUTIFUL tone and detail that you've put into this work.
    Excellent Job(:(:

  14. Anonymous said...

    Fantastic! You know, this may be better than Twilight actually. Yes, I am a little bit of a Twilight fan as you can tell from my username (that was a year ago though), but I'm confident that you're writing can be just as good or even better than Stephanie Meyers'! She's not even an amazing writer, she just got lucky that such an idea struck her in a dream. And I'm sure this story won't include sparkly bloodsuckers, teenage boys that turn into dogs, or whiny girls that beg to have their life taken away from them.

  15. Unknown said...

    HAHA! No sparkly blood suckers, or teenage boys that turn into dogs, and our main character definitely isn't a whiny girl begging to become a vampire. This is kind of the opposite of that. It is the girl vampire who becomes infatuated with the human boy...but it's not like hes going to beg her to change him either. And of course Kierann is still being pursued by the vampire that had changed her as well.

  16. GirlyGirl said...

    Really good and catchy , waiting for more!

  17. xxtwilight19xx said...

    Haha well good! Ya know, one thing that kind of bugs me about the Sims 3 vampires is that they have the ability to read minds... that's just too far with the whole Twilight craze!

    ~xxtwilight19xx.. too lazy to log into my account:)

  18. Anonymous said...

    Great start! Love it. Can't wait to see what happens next. Good thing there are more chapters for me to read. :)

Post a Comment